Welcome
Welcome to The Roundhouse

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Spring Time Greetings

A place to meet and greet, say hello we want you to feel welcome :welcome:
Forum rules
Welcome to 'The Roundhouse' a family-friendly site for networking and exchanging ideas with others who are trying to live lightly on the planet.
If you want to; talk about Smallholding; Permaculture and sustainable living; practise traditional crafts; exchange and barter your skills or recyclables; pass on tips and ideas; produce more and purchase less, this is the place for you.
The Roundhouse is based in the North East of Scotland but welcomes members from anywhere and any age.

Before posting please note the following;
1/ As a rule of thumb, think of this site as visiting the home of friends. If you wouldn't say it in front of their kids or granny, re-phrase it.

2/ Polite debate about current events or other issues is great, but we don't organise protest events or promote extremism.

If you are new to forums and want help with posting don't be shy about asking for help, there's no such thing as a silly question :) OUR PROMISE TO YOU; every member has equal value from the newest to the long established. We want you to feel safe, confident to post and above all, welcome.

Spring Time Greetings

Postby Clan_Dyer » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:37 pm

Good Evening,

The family and I would be right up your streets so to speak, and been searching for an online community to ally with, hoping "The Roundhouse" is what we have been looking for, We used to use the site set up by HFWS aka "River Cottage" but seems such a forum / community don't exsist any more. Our Clan consists on 2 adults and 2 little big people, with various pets and a 1/3 of an acre down in Norfolk.

We would be classed as an alternative family and that would be highlighting only a kinder comment!

Looking forward to hopefully sharing some ideas, tips, dreams and laughs with you all.

Peaceful and positive vibes!

Raggi
-Head of Clan_Dyer-
Clan_Dyer
Newly Around

Re: Spring Time Greetings

Postby Sass » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:15 pm

Welcome to the roundhouse. I think you'll find quite a lot of kindred spirits here.
We have a wealth of knowledge and information on many branches of self sufficiency and 'make do and mend' as my old mum used to say :)
Sass
Always Around

Highscores: 2

Postby poolfield » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:50 pm

Welcome from sunny Gloucestershire too, I'm sure you'll love all Julie's experiments and it is a very friendly forum. We muddle along together and share our successes and failures.
poolfield
Always Around

Postby Julie » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:35 am

Hello Raggi and welcome to the Roundhouse :clap:
I just love it when new members decide to say hi, you'll find us all very friendly here. Proud to admit to being an active tree hugger personally, that has to help anyone else feel less odd by comparison.
Looking forward to hearing some of your exploits and swapping ideas :welcome:
Vote with your feet. If enough of us swim against the current we just might form a dam.
I will be a hummingbird https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMW6YWjMxw
Julie
Site Admin

Highscores: 2

Return to Welcome