Welcome
Welcome to The Roundhouse

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

rice cooking

The low energy way to cook

rice cooking

Postby Julie » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Rice cooks very quickly in the pressure cooker.
All you need to do is measure out your rice in any receptacle and add twice the volume of water. I like to use a clear measuring jug as it is marked in mls so it makes measuring any quantity quick and easy.
Some people swear you have to rinse the rice lots of times until the water runs clear, it is supposed to stop the starch glueing the grains together, but I've never found it to be a problem with Basmati rice, so I don't bother. I cannot vouch for other rice varieties though, so if you usually rinse your rice, do so as usual.
I made pilau rice last night with cardamom seeds and Turmeric added. All I did was bring the cooker up to pressure and let it cook for just a minute, then turned off the heat and let the pressure do the cooking as it slowly went down.

The chicken curry was made in the pressure cooker too, and took about ten minutes.
pilau rice.jpg
Vote with your feet. If enough of us swim against the current we just might form a dam.
I will be a hummingbird https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMW6YWjMxw
Julie
Site Admin

Highscores: 2

Return to Pressure cooker recipes